Using GentleLase (alexandrite) and GentleYAG (Ng/YAG) laser hair removal methods, we safely and effectively remove unwanted hair from the face and body. Treatment areas include the face (lip and chin), underarms, bikini area, arms, legs, chest, and back. Using a laser’s high-intensity beam of light, we penetrate deep into the skin tissue where it is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle, effectively shutting it down.
There are five main reasons why laser hair removal is beneficial:
– Lasers target hair follicles and not the surrounding skin. This results in only hair being zapped and not the skin.
– This treatment has been used since 1997 and is approved by the FDA for “permanent hair reduction”. It is a long-term treatment and helps reduce the number of hairs regrowing after a treatment. Laser hair removal will permanently reduce body hair, but there’s no scientific proof that it can permanently remove all body hair.
– Treatments, depending on the area, can take anywhere from one minute to 15 and 30 minutes. There is no downtime after the treatment and there is no sticky residue left behind.
Little to No Pain
- Depending on tolerance, there is little to no pain during the treatment. It is a feeling like a gentle pinch or the snap of a warm rubber band. Also, the pain tolerance depends on the area of the body that is being treated.
Reduces Ingrown Hairs
- With laser hair removal, there is less of a chance of getting ingrown hairs because clients aren’t shaving or waxing. The hair that grows back tends to be sparse and fine.